Power Outages/Downed Power Lines
Natural Gas Emergencies
Internet Help Desk
GATOR NETSM & GRU.Net 352-334-3000
We are very serious about the safety of our customers so we’ve dedicated our Twitter channel to talking about how you can stay safe before, during and after the storm. Follow @GRUStormCentral.
When We Tweet
- When severe weather hits our area
- Account is monitored 8 AM to 5 PM weekdays, except holidays
- Coverage will be extended during system-wide restoration efforts or other emergencies
What We Tweet
- Power outages and restoration efforts
- Tips to prepare for severe weather
- Safety information
- Updates about other utility services affected by severe weather
What We Don't Tweet
- Individual outage information: Our tweeters cannot take customers' outage reports or provide individual updates. Please call 352-334-2871 to report a power outage to ensure it is properly logged into the system
- Other topics: If you need other assistance related to your service or account, please contact Customer Service online or at 352-334-3434
A Few Reminders
- Customers should continue to call our emergency and service repair numbers to report power outages, downed power lines, gas leaks and water/wastewater repairs.
- GRU is part of the City of Gainesville and as such, all content related to @GRUStormCentral is subject to public record laws.
- GRU may block users who send off-topic @replies.
- Be civil. Personal attacks and foul language will not be permitted.