Save water and money by following these irrigation tips
Lawn and landscape watering between 10 a.m.and 4 p.m. is both wasteful
and illegal. When using a zoned irrigation system, timers should be installed
to water before or after sunset to avoid excess evaporation. The watering schedule should be adapted to seasonal watering demands.
Additional Irrigation Tips
- Acquire the plan of your underground irrigation layout from the landscape contractor at the time of installation.
- Install rain sensors to avoid watering when there is adequate rainfall.
- Use soil tensiometers to monitor water penetration while minimizing runoff.
- Maintain sprinkler heads regularly.
- Contact GRU to learn about the benefits of an irrigation meter.