Lower Your Bill and Increase Your Comfort
GRU offers rebates to residential customers to convert electric, oil or LP gas (liquefied petroleum) water heaters to natural gas models. Customers who replace an existing natural gas water heater with a newer model do not qualify for this program.
- Convert up to two water heaters for up to $800 in rebates.
- Combine with GRU's other natural gas rebates for up to $1,600 per location.
- Install a water heater, plus two of the following (range, dryer or furnace) to receive a $150 bonus rebate.
- Customer may also qualify for federal energy-efficiency tax credits.
||1st Unit Conversion
||2nd Unit Conversion
|Oil//Electric to Natural Gas
|LP to Natural Gas
- Open to GRU residential customers.
- Customer must live within GRU's natural gas service area. Call 352-393-1464 to check for availability.
- Customer must convert an electric, oil or LP gas water heater to a natural gas model. This rebate does not apply to the replacement of an existing natural gas water heater with a new one.
- Appliance must be installed by a GRU Natural Gas Partnering Contractor.
- Rebate offer may not exceed the purchase price.
- Rebates are subject to change without notice and are subject to approval.
Getting Natural Gas Service
Customers who do not currently have natural gas service to their home should call our Gas Marketing Department at 352-393-1464 to find out if it is available in their area and to schedule a visit from a gas representative. Customers will also need to arrange to have the gas service installed in their home.
How to Apply
- Confirm that the property currently has natural gas service.
- Arrange for an estimate and a subsequent equipment installation with a GRU Natural Gas Partnering Contractor.
- Submit completed rebate form with proof of purchase within 30 days of installation.
- An on-site, post-installation inspection may be required for quality assurance.
- Rebate will be issued in the form of a check or a credit on the customer's utility bill. GRU retains the right to apply the rebate to any delinquency on any account in the customer's name.
For additional information or to find out if you qualify for a rebate, please call our Gas Marketing Department at 352-393-1464.