Power Outages/Downed Power Lines
Natural Gas Emergencies
Internet Help Desk
GATOR NETSM & GRU.Net 352-334-3000
GRU works diligently to maintain the reliability of your electric, water and natural gas utilities. Unfortunately, service outages may be inevitable during a major storm. Here are some tips for securing your home or business as a storm approaches.
- Turn off or disconnect all outside electric appliances, such as pool pumps.
- Prepare to operate your portable generator safely.
- If you plan to evacuate, turn off the main switch on your circuit breaker panel. Do not remove your electric meter.
- Gas service should be left on at the meter to maintain pressure in the gas piping within the house.
- If you evacuate, do not turn off your gas meter.
- If you do not want to continue gas service, turn the gas off at each appliance. You can relight your appliances after the storm has passed.
- Store an adequate supply of bottled water to meet the drinking water needs of your family.
- Fill your bathtubs with water to be used for flushing toilets if water service is interrupted.